In order to be eligible for K+, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Year of Study
- be a Year 12 student as of September 2020
2. School Location
- attend a non-selective state school/college within any London or Greater London borough
- one of the following districts of Essex: Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock.
3. GCSEs Achieved:
- have 8 GCSEs at grades 4-9/A*-C (including English and Maths), and within this a minimum of 5 grades 6-9 (A*-B).
- Please note Healthcare and Dentistry applicants should have a minimum of 5 grades 7-9.
4. Family Context
- not have parent(s) or carer(s) who have studied at university in the UK or abroad.
However, due to the under-representation of these groups in Higher Education, we will consider and prioritise all applications from students who:
- live or have lived in local authority care and/or
- are a young carer, and/or
- are disabled, and/or
- are estranged from their parents, and/or
- are a forced migrant, and/or
- are currently living in a homeless shelter or sofa surfing, and/or
- are from Gypsy, Roma or Traveller backgrounds.
This is the case for all applicants who are a part of one of the above groups, including those who do not meet our GCSE requirements, as long as they attend a non-selective state school in a Greater London borough or one of the following districts of Essex: Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock.